Monday, March 21, 2005

Time Wasting as an Art Form

I've been known as the "Queen of the $1000 Car", and "The Procrastination Queen," and for awhile I was the self proclaimed, "Ms. Fitness," (before there was a real title called Ms. Fitness, mind you), but now I think I'm deserving of a new title: "Queen of the Time Wasters." You think you're easily distracted. Hah! You've got nothing on me.

I can waste so much time just trying to write a simple book review, or worse, design a brochure. This is why smart folks pay the pros! It's way cheaper in the long run to just let someone who's good at something do it for you, and you do what you're best at. I'm donating my 8-week course to help raise funds for my son's upcoming alcohol and drug free graduation party from Hudson's Bay High School in Vancouver, Washington, and I'm just having a dickens of a time with my handout brochure.

Buying or selling a home? Call my sister, Linda Brown, or your favorite realtor. Need car repair? Call a repair guy, don't do like I would and go to the book store and then the library, then call everyone and get a million opinions, then research for a month on the Internet looking for the best deal, and then finally call the repair guy.

If someone in Vancouver calls me right now, I'll hire them. I really need to get this done, and frankly, here I am posting about it instead of doing it. That's a time wasting pro in action.

Trust me on this one. I know how to waste time. I'm working on a 12-step program for time wasters right now except I haven't gotten past Step 1: Admit you are ... Hey, wait. That looks interesting. Excuse me, I just have to go check something real quick...

No comments: