Friday, March 04, 2005

Blogs and Blogging Tools

Everything related to blogs and blogging goes here for now. Guess I'll date these entries for now and later find some other way to sort them because I'm sure this will grow into a serious list:

Added July 28, 2005: Findory.com This tool claims to "learn" but we'll see. I haven't submitted my blog here though--I always think "I'm not worthy," and first want to make it the best blog ever. Dumb, yes.

Added Mar 4, 2005: This from Loren Baker's Search Engine Journal where he says to go ahead and post a comment. I tried but don't know if my comment posted, and then I didn't want to post again only to find it just was delayed and I then look like an idiot for posting twice, so there you have it. The usual dilemma of the Internet. Did it post? Am I finished? What do I do now?

PingOMatic.com wildly handy for when I submit new entries to my blog The Slimming Pool and Daytrader's Bulletin Pre-opening Commentary.

Any RSS. This is way cool and I just came across it today. It gives you the ability to create news feeds on your site using RSS.

NewsGator

Wiki Application List. Yahoo's nifty API developer types (geeks or nerds never can remember which is which) can use to do all sorts of fun stuff with their massive database.

The Human Search Engine. Contrary to it's tag line it doesn't search for humans but rather is a search engine by and for humans. Get it? Sort of like DMOZ but without the multi-year wait to get listed.

Spurl Set Up Page which I never mastered but I will, I promise.

Del.Icio.Us Another blogging utility, or rss reader, or whatever is the best catch phrase. If you don't know much about RSS readers join the club.

DayPop.com which is an information junkies paradise.

That's a start, anyway.

No comments: