Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Musings of a Scatter Brained Redhead

Today I’m looking into photo printers. I just assumed you could print photos on any color printer, but evidentially I was wrong. Suddenly there is a world of "photo printers" and I’m out of the loop, again.

What Drove Me to This Madness?

I want to make life sized stand up cardboard cut-outs; one for me with my weight loss before after photos, and one (or more) for my son Moses just for kicks.

This of course leads me to Amazon.com – why does everything lead me to the bookstore?, and I’ve found lots of books specific to using Photoshop with digital photography. Great, only they are written for the latest Photoshop version, so do I also need to buy that?

Let’s see. I wanted to make a good quality photo print and now I’m up to buying a $400 printer, a $600 software program, and probably $100 worth of books, not to mention the 100 or more hours it would take me to feel I’d at least gotten down the basics of the new software. Sheesh. Why do I do this?

No comments: