Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Meandering in Hyperspace

Just another day in paradise, I like to say.

Why am I constantly looking at 50 pages at once and then never wanting to close any for fear I'll never return? I can't be the only one. Here's today's selection which is somewhat left over from yesterday.

Things I'm trying to accomplish include finishing this month's Bits-n-Bites newsletter, which always leads me in a million directions but that's another rant.

I joined Dave's Garden since I want to grow flowers and it looked like a good place to learn a few things. I haven't joined for the paid part, but may do so later, which is why I left the thing open. I'd love to hear if anyone has a way to track the things they want to return to repeatedly because favorites lists won't cut it. I must have a thousand sites in my favorites, so I keep starting other lists which get lost too, and so it goes.

I know, I could start a "Daily Page" for stuff I want to do regularly, only it would include just about every category, so that's not helpful either. Maybe I'll do it anyway. If I do, Dave's Garden is getting a spot. There's a plant sale in Hillsboro May 6th, but alas I think I'll be in Eugene anyway. If not, I posted for the address, so now how do I know if someone replies? I prefer bulletin boards that send you e-mails when you get replies. Who's got time to keep checking back?

So, out of an abundence of paranoia, I'm leaving that page open for a few days, just in case I find out where that plant sale is going to be.

I started a page at Voo2Do.com but it's unlikely I'll keep using it. I still just don't trust online services--I mean what happens if they up and disappear?

I had the page of a business mentor up--I saw his page with pricing so that led me to a forum he had with posts from he and a client and I spent about a million hours reading those. Frankly, it was good at first then it slowly turned into nothing more than conversation.

I also had the Slow Food Forums page going. Must have been my day for forums. This happens to me all the time: I find a forum and they are in my area so I'm all interested then I finally notice the posts are from 2004 so they're way too old to bring back to life. Sad really.

That's all for now on this browser anyway.

No comments: